The Best Moments In Reading Are When You Come Across Something- A Thought, A Feeling, A Way At Looking At Things- Which You Had Thought Special And Particular To You. And Now, Here It Is, Set Down By Someone Else, A Person You Have Never Met, Someone Who Is Even Long Dead. And It Is As If A Hand Has Come Out, And Taken Yours.

Alan Bennett

The History Boys

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #3 Flawed

Waiting on Waiting on Wednesday 3#
Flawed by Cecelia Ahern 3# 
Okay, first off the cover once again is completely gorgeous. The plot is about a supposedly “perfect” female character who has a good job, a good income, and a loving boyfriend, she is a role model for all those around her. However one day, Celestine North breaks a rule which in her society signals that she is one of the flawed. A position/label in which no one wants to be? I thought this might be a good read, since it talks about how people are judged by their past mistakes in a way that is not very common in YA literature. It seems like a quite light read with only 368 pages yet discusses something very important in our society.I thought it was kind of Divergentish but I might be wrong, that itself is another problem of reviewing books I have’t yet read since I cannot compare them to other books I know rather than make hasty assumptions. I found this on a list of exciting new 2016 YA releases and from all those 20 books or so, only this one really caught my eye. However if it’s good I’ll think about changing: “Don’t trust a book by it’s cover.” to “Don’t trust a book by it’s cover, unless the cover is gorgeous.” Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment